Faculty Member – Megan Smith
Department of Pharmacy Practice
Phone: (501) 526-7787
Fax: (501) 296-1168
Office: EDII Building, Room 6/110H
Education & Training
- Community Pharmacy Research Fellowship, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy, Chapel Hill, NC, 2014-2016
- PGY1 Community Pharmacy Practice Residency, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy and Kerr Drug, Asheville, NC, 2013-2014
- Doctor of Pharmacy, UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy, Chapel Hill, NC, 2009-2013
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biology, University of North Carolina at Pembroke, Pembroke, NC, 2003-2007
- Course Coordinator, PHPR 7365 Pharmacy-Based Point-of-Care Testing Certificate
Research & Scholarly Interests
Developing innovative community pharmacy services and studying the uptake, sustainability, and impact of these services on patient care and pharmacoeconomic indicators.
Honors & Awards
- Walmart Scholars Program, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, 2014
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- American Pharmacists Association
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Arkansas Pharmacists Association
- National Community Pharmacists Association
- North Carolina Association of Pharmacists
- Smith MG, Ferreri SP, Brown P, Wines K, Shea C, Pfieffenberger T. Implementing an Integrated Care Management Program in Community Pharmacies: A Focus on Medication Management Services. J Am Pharm Assoc. In press.
- Smith MG, Shea C, Brown P, Wines K, Farley JF, Ferreri SP. Pharmacy Characteristics Associated with the Provision of Medication Management Services within an Integrated Care Management Program. J Am Pharm Assoc. In press.