Faculty Member – Daohong Zhou
Daohong Zhou, MD
Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences,
Deputy Director, Division of Radiation Health
Winthrop P. Rockefeller Endowed Chair for Leukemia Research
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Daohong Zhou is Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS).
- Dr. Daohong Zhou’s research focuses on radiation and chemotherapy induced hematopoietic stem cell injury and leukemia and on development of mechanism-based strategies to protect the hematopoietic system from cancer therapy-induced damage and novel medical countermeasures against radiological/nuclear accidents or terrorism.
- Dr. Daohong Zhou has published more than 50 peer reviewed scientific articles and book chapters. His research is well funded by grants from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID).
- Dr. Daohong Zhou serves on several national and international peer review panels. He is a regular member of the Radiation Therapeutics and Biology Study Section, the panel that reviews radiation-related projects submitted to the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Dr. Daohong Zhou has been named as the Winthrop P. Rockefeller Endowed Chair for Leukemia Research at the Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute. He is also an Honorary Professor of the Peking Union Medical College in China.
Wang Y, Liu L, Pazhanisamy SK, Li H, Meng A, Zhou D (2009). Total body irradiation causes residual bone marrow injury in part by selective induction of persistent oxidative stress in murine hematopoietic stem cells. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 48: 348-356. PMID: 19925862
Johnson SM, Torrice C, Bell JF, Monahan KB, Jiang Q, Wang Y, Ramsey MR, Jin J, Wong K, Su L, Zhou D, Sharpless NE (2010). Mitigation of hematologic radiation toxicity in mice through pharmacological quiescence induced by CDK4/6 inhibition. J Clin Invest, 120: 2527-2536. PMID: 20577054
Wu L, Shao L, An N, Wang J, Pazhanisamy S, Feng W, Hauer